Consular Service: The consular affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan are carried out in Germany by the consular section of the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The office hours of the consular department are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:00 to 12:00. You can also contact the consular department by phone Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. The contact details of the consular department are as follows:
Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Tel .: +49 (0) 30 206 480 63
Fax: +49 (0) 30 219 161 51
Visa procedure: There is a visa regime between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Federal Republic of Germany. For nationals of the Republic of Azerbaijan who want to stay in Germany for up to 90 days within 180 days, the regulations of the Schengen visa are applied when traveling to Germany. The agreement “On the facilitation of visa matters” between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the European Union has been in force since September 1st, 2014. According to this agreement, nationals of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Schengen States are to mutually introduce the following rules for stays of up to 90 days within 180 days:
The visa fee for all types of visas is 35 euros. The following are free of charge:
- Applicants whose relatives (spouses, children including adopted children, parents or guardians, grandparents, grandchildren) legally live in the Schengen area or in the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- who travel for the purpose of official talks, consultations or as participants in official delegations in negotiations and exchange programs as well as international events;
- permanent members of delegations;
- Schoolchildren, students and doctoral students who travel for the purpose of training, study and research, as part of an incoming team of lecturers or for exchange programs;
- disabled people and their accompanying persons;
- Participants of international sport events and their professional companions;
- Participants in scientific, cultural and art events as well as university and exchange programs;
- people in need of urgent medical treatment and their accompanying persons and people traveling to the funeral of close relatives;
- representatives of civil society traveling to participate in courses, seminars or conferences and in the framework of the exchange programs; Pensioner;
- Children under 12 years;
- Journalists and their technical staff.
The processing of visa applications usually takes 10 calendar days. If additional clarification is required, processing can take up to 30 days. In emergencies, the processing time is usually reduced to 2 days or even more.
Holders of German diplomatic passports can stay in Azerbaijan without a visa up to 90 days within 180 days . The same rule is also applied with regard to Azerbaijani diplomatic passport holders for a stay in Germany.
Transportation: Azerbaijani airline AZAL (Azerbaijan Airlines) has direct flights between Baku and Berlin. The German airline Lufthansa maintains direct flights between Frankfurt am Main and Baku. The transportation of goods between the two countries is carried out by air, sea and car.